Monday, September 17, 2012

MCCR Letter L - love card



The MCCR letter of the day is "L" so I used Sweethearts and Old West carts to make a card that says Love (which starts with L).


I cut the letters out with Old West in light pink. Embossed them with swiss dots and the cuttlebug, and then inked with silver ink. I cut out some different sized rectangles in gray (2 different shades) and embossed one with divine swirls and inked with silver ink, and inked the other around the edges with pink ink. I cut a large rectangle in pink (just a little smaller than the card) and embossed with swiss dots and inked with pink.


For the inside I cut some rectangles in dark pink and light pink and inked each with silver ink. I adhered the dark pink on both sides and bottom (leaving the top open to form a pocket for a gift card, money, check etc.) and put the light pink on top of that. I wrote a message in silver ink on the light pink.


My fav part of the whole card is the blinged out ring. This card was a wedding card so the ring was perfect for the "o". I used sweethearts to cut the ring and cut it in white. I added clear/white stickles to the diamond and yellow to the ring base. I love the color combo. I sent this to my friend who just got married (they had a country style wedding hints the old west font).

To see the rest of the MCCR DT's projects please go to MCCR and check em out!

I'm entering this into the following challenge:
Docerela Creations - Anything goes
DL. ART thankful thursday - anything goes

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Love the details of the embossing folders. Nicely done.

    Nadja MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the ring and the embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and the ring is so pretty!!

    Susie
    MCCR DT Sis
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie I love the way you used the bling ring in there!! Very creative:)
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out noce.Love the embossing.
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun how you used the ring instead of O. Love it!! and super great emboss.

    Great work

    Catarina aka docerela

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute I just love the bling and the way you used it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!